Hi all. Just a quick one this week and I thought I’d post a few pics of some details of the Entrance board for The Chapel project. It’s coming along nicely and I’d say it’ll be finished by the end of next week………I hope 🙂
It’s been a while and I’ve been busy. While the Chapel boards take shape and the date draws near I have been busy with some other projects as well. One being an armour kit for making true scale space knights ( you like what I did there 🙂 and it’s been a trial. The idea behind it was to create a multi part kit, which consists of 2x toe armour, 2x heal armour, 2x greaves armour, 2x knee armour, 2x thigh armour, waist, abs and chest armour. This would allow the model to be posed in a variety of ways and I’ve gone through various designs and fails but now at last I think I’ve done it. The images below show the final version all primed and ready for painting as well as a scale comparison.
Assembling a model like this is fiddly business and it took me a while to figure out the method that worked best for me. You basically have to start from the ground up and have a clear vision of how you want it to look, I found reference material on poses helpful. The one pictured above is based on the standard marine next to it and I hope you agree that the pose looks more natural.
So the finished model in all his renegade glory. Once The Chapel is over I will be concentrating on my next project and that’s a True scale Black Shield army and this model was a trial one for the paint job. I’m pretty happy with how the black turned out and found it a reletively quick process. 1 marine = 1 day 🙂